Today I had a person stare at me...
Nothing new right?
Right...
This guy (an older man) looked at me for the entire taxi ride, periodically glancing at my profile and staring...
Now, I tried my best but it was extremely aggravating to be stared at so intensely (we were in a taxi, luckily he was stopping before me)
We met up with some traffic (because of T&TEC works) and he started speaking to the driver but glancing at me...the chat somehow became religious and the glances came after every mention of whatever Godly thing he began preaching...
I have had this before; the side of my face that the man was staring at is the one with my industrial and conch piercings and panda bear tattoo...so of course me having these things means I either don't believe in God or worship the Devil...or both or I'm a heathen or whatever wonderful thing..
I don't like to speak about religion (nor politics) so I won't give my views on it (because people always get weird)
but
I will say that it isn't fair to judge someone's spirituality based on their appearance; there are too many things happening in the world today that are more important than a person's religious practices...
Have you ever been subject to something similar? Like maybe have someone push their religious view on you for your conversion to their 'better' religion?
The things that occur on the regular to the irregular, uh, smh...
I was actually relived when you realised it was just some old religious crank, rather than some pervert.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm a bit disappointed that you're reluctant to share your views. I know what it's like to deal with religious judgement and pressure.
I will try to do a very brief (hopefully) post on my ideas on religion...and hope people don't outright cut me afterwards :/ smh...thank you for reading :)
Delete