It's something that mostly happens in a classroom; the lecturer says it to you and you mumble a few words, mostly expressing the desire to gain an A in the course.
If you're interacting with a 'love interest' then you may do it a second or third...or fifteenth time..
But does anyone really care to know you?
Do they remember the things that make you, you?
If you can share your time with someone, your space, your energy
why not get to know them too?
...to really know them?
Try this:
think about the people in your life, the ones you say are close to you, that you love whatever the expression/feeling is...
think about the things you know or think you know and inquire whether they are still the same or have changed..
Does your neighbour still like lemon flavoured cake with banana frosting? (:/)
Does your best friend still collect buttons?
Does your bf/gf still like butter in their coffee? (some people out there actually do, I am not one of those people :/)
Now, if you know these or other things by heart and they're correct: great.
It's always easy to know about another person, you ask and they will tell...
But can you answer questions honestly about yourself?
That is a much more difficult thing to do; we lie to ourselves inherently (if you're saying no right now, you're lying to yourself, uh)
What about you has changed in the last few years?
Are you still the same person?
Have you learned anything?
Lost anyone?
Missed opportunities?
Or has all the bad been the fault of someone else and you are forever in a state of constant spite from the powers that be? (yep, people blame people for their problems all the time...but not all the time the problem originates on the outside...)
Think about it...
Tell me about yourself....tell you about yourself...
I've been trying to write a comment here for the longest while. It's a challenge to write about yourself honestly. I feel like I might end up with an essay in your comments section just trying to make sense of myself Lol
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, it is something I struggle with all the time; thank you for reading <3
DeleteI swear your blog makes me think. I question myself and my actions so much everytime I read a post. Its always an interesting read.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm glad you find interest here and that my verbose explorations are stimulating :) Thank you for reading <3
Delete