Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Friends, Friends and Friends....

One of the hardest things ever is to make new friends, especially after losing friendships to betrayals of some kind.

I am introverted which unfortunately means I cannot make friends easily;
and not for want of trying :/

There is this girl I know, in my mind we're friends and she speaks to me nicely so I believe she thinks the same way but when it comes to me trying to act on the friendship- I fail.

Sigh

I suffer from random bouts of intense introversion that leave me socially paralyzed when in the presence of persons whom I hold in high esteem; sucks right?

Oh, to send a text is a long back and forth mentally of approximating and estimating their response to my message, even when it's just a 'hey, what's up' :/

Talk about over-analysis, smh

I do wish I could get over the fear of her saying 'you're a complete nutcase' and talk with her more, but I also feel like there is hardly anything I can say that she won't think I'm a complete dolt or crack whore :/

Do you ever feel unsure of your social interactive capabilities?

I know for me it's an internal malfunction of mine but gosh, do I wish I could fix it!
I miss out on so many things by not being able to say hello to someone new or to properly interact with someone I've known for a while...

I wish there was an easy fix to social awkwardness syndrome...

6 comments:

  1. Story of my life! lol this is such a good relatable post! making new friends and meeting new people is such a task for me to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this interesting; it really is a hard thing to deal with! Thank you for reading <3

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I feel insecure in my social interactive capabilities but it is always a good thing for you to be your self and don't pretend to be something that you're not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always self conscious about things, too many years of bad instances lol I couldn't agree with you more though, just myself is pretty odd and mostly hard to take lol so I do tone it down quite a bit....outside of my writing ;) thank you for reading <3

      Delete
  3. Friends are...hard to come by. For me anyways. Especially female friends (Girls tend not to like me. It's been that way for a long time). It's also hard to open yourself up to new people only to be "rejected" from their friendship circle. But! I try anyways because there are still some people worth talking to and who are willing to accept you. Where you fall in social interaction capabilities, they're there to lift you up instead of bring you down or ignore you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more if I was a parrot trained to only say yes lol though my fears are still too crippling for me to engage persons :/ I do think that some people are worth the effort thus I have began, slowly, to try to kindle and build friendships... thank you for reading <3

      Delete