Art has always been an interest of mine and some would say that I am 'good' at it; I would say I am marginally better than an eight year old high on cold medication...
My enthusiasm, though battered by my secondary school teacher (who only appreciated PERFECT FORM and any funny shaped fruit were scandalized) I continued to pursue art studies, moving over to graphic arts at YTEPP and courses at SAMS, a semester at my current mental institution COSTAATT and lastly at the bane of my academic existence to date UTT (in the form of animation).
The switch to animation was ultimately my undoing in art as those 'lecturers' were so adverse to individuality that wasn't bathed in perfection that I felt like if I so much as WATCHED an animated program, I would suffer spontaneous combustion. So, like the billow of smoke from my imagined head explosion, up went my dreams for art and animation in conceited laced smoke...
Now, don't get me wrong...I did try within all my attempts of art to do things right and perfect but I just can't...it seems to be a head to hand impossibility that I cannot escape *shrug* but what do I know? I'm not an illustrious illustrator nor artist, so I can't even speak on my own work -_-
I do remain with the love of art and creating art, even though by all standards I am little better than a horse using a paintbrush with its hooves; I try my best and I like what I do (though I don't do it often because it takes me HOURS to do a crude drawing and even MORE to colour it- SIGH) and I will keep doing my scratchy doodles and 'drawings' in my weird style:
Pish!
For those of you who are artist, I loves you all and your works and I enjoy seeing the new things that you do, villainising the ones that really grab me and adding elements to my own crapresentations of things...
It is one thing to say I've done something wrong technically and show or encourage me to improve; it is quite another to bash my work, and manipulate to have me fail because I don't portray the aesthetic YOU want or like...
Everyone isn't a Walt Disney, and not everything needs to look like it's on LSD or an acid trip; sometimes...sometimes art is natural and it takes shape and form in a way that only some people can relate, understand and appreciate...
Perfection, in all things, is highly overrated...
Art is art...everyone is an artist of some sort, even drugged out primary schoolers like me.
Will you be posting/linking any of your art here?
ReplyDeleteI hadn't planned to, but I will post some of my drawings here; thank you for reading <3
Delete