Thursday, 6 February 2014

Unrelated Post #1: The Plus Size Rant- Part One

I have always been 'ah lil heavy'...
Those of you who know me from school will disagree, mainly because you saw me in skirts all the time and didn't realize the tree trunk thighs I inherited.

Now, years and Chinese food past, I am more on the heavy side; I look like Mrs. Pillsbury to most.

(Yes I am harsh on myself, but doh lie, allyuh thinkin the same tings)

I find it extremely aggravating when people who haven't seen me in a while or years walk up to me and say:

"Hmmm! Yuh put on plenty weight!"
or
"Yuh ain't loose the weight yet?" (as though it's chasing me down Charlotte street, smh)
and my favourite
"You was so small in school! Look how you blow up!" (seriously, am I a foxing beach ball?? I certainly feel like a bomb about to explode on your stupid arse...)

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, or the sewage companies would make no money;
just don't expect me to greet you kindly when you approach me with that ish, mkay?


  • Yes, I put on weight...it cannot be hid nor would I try to do so to appease anybody.
  • No, I am not now "twice the size I was"; but my hands were always big and willing to slap the black out of people...
  • Yes, I am working on loosing some of the Chinese food that's been keeping to me over the years
  • No, I am not doing it because 'society' likes skinny; I was never skinny nor do I wish to be.


My goal for body image is, well, mine (I'm happy to share it in a future post, this one is for cussing and carrying on) so don't ask me what I do at the gym, my eating habits nor anything else.

You (all of you self proclaimed fitness experts and ax holes alike) can HY(I will not finish this abbreviation because I don't want to get into too much trouble) and leave my FAT self the hell alone...

Don't try to help, guide or encourage me, it ain't welcomed, especially since I know you foxers are having a ball amongst yourselves talking about everyone: and who gained weight, and who had a child out of marriage, everyone who 'I thought she/he would have been different' and all that conceited BS...

LEAVE ME OUT OF IT

My patience has always been limited and has only grown shorter..

Okay? Right...ah done for now....ax holes...

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to use real profanity, Marina. I can kinda relate to this, but as a man, the pressure is much less, and different.

    ReplyDelete