So, I'm starting off my 'taboo' topics (not sure this is on the list but we'll go with it) with BDSM
Excited? Let's begin with examining the term...
The acronym BDSM is an overlapping acronym that usually stands for:
Bondage and Disapline (BD)
Dominance and Submission (DS)
Sadism and Masochism (SM)
Taking this in parts (to keep the posts short, yeah) so we'll look at just the B today.
When people hear the word bondage they either think slavery, kidnapping or depravity of some sort;
in the BDSM world/scene, bondage (also termed licotage) is a consensual tying, binding or restraining of a partner for erotic, aesthetic or somatosensory stimulation (that is like a literal thing I found online, through GOOGLE)
So...now we have a slightly more informed view of what bondage means to BDSM enthusiasts...
What is curious, I'm sure, is:
Why would someone want to do that or have it done to them?
Well, there are, I recon, many answers to that question, none of which I can provide objectively...and why should I?
It is not my place here, to comment on the why of the process and involvement of BDSM but merely to try to bridge the subject to the less than inclined; it is easy to imagine someone is depraved because of their likes but can it not be a form of cathartic release for them?
Have you ever wondered and wanted to know more about BDSM?
An open mind can lead you to so many vast and interesting places and pursuits...
Let us try to look at BDSM objectively, sans judgement: lettuce be open to the concept (I really could not help that horrible leafy veggie pun there :P) and see where this may take us.
Yes, lettuce Lol There are so many things people just dismiss because they lack the information needed to truly understand something. Looking forward to the rest of the posts :)
ReplyDeleteAfter reading Fifty Shades of Grey....these things don't surprise me
ReplyDelete