It gets tiring.
The always trying to remember what's current;
The always trying to appear smart and funny with a hint of wildness;
The always being anxious;
The dealing with people that you don't really like;
The doing things just to fit in;
To be normal;
To be accepted.
Why the hell should I keep doing that?
Sigh
I'm getting older (surprising, I know)
And more tired and fed up with situations and persons and life...
It's the same old hum-drum and why should it be?
If everyone does and likes and says and wears and looks the same, thinks the same..
Where is the individuality?
The Uniqueness?
I'm tired of being what you want me to be;
I want to just be:
ME
For better (or worse, it feels) I was meant to be who I am,
Like my likes,
Dislike my dislikes,
And be the obnoxious, overbearing, disgusting, selfish, wild, uncaring, eccentric, high strung, dark skinned, nappy haired, over weight, tattooed, pierced (and whatever else) weirdo
That I am.
I am me:
Socially unacceptable, awkward and struggling.
And I'm going to be me until I'm nothing but dust in the wind.
It's easier to be you, than to remember to be the you everyone wants you to be...
No comments:
Post a Comment