I originally had a disclaimer here but I decided to just go forth unto the breech...
So, let's dig in.
I started out my life in my mother's religion: Anglican (English Catholic/Protestant) for many Sundays, I would be got up and carted off to church to hear Father Brown talk about (it seemed to me) the same things over and over again :/
Later, when it became Father West, my joy in going became his singing of a particular hymn, mainly because he can't sing too well *chuckle*
I stopped going regularly to church sometime around maybe form 1 or so, I don't remember, but I would maybe go a Christmas or New Years mass once in a while; religion lost it's appeal.
Going into secondary school, I became acquainted with persons of varying religious beliefs (previously unnoticed because my primary school was Roman Catholic) and further still when I attended a Hindu school to study A levels later on.
I learned a lot more about Hinduism at that school and also, because I was studying Martial Arts at that time, I learned about Buddhism.
Something my past principal said, a Pundit, was that it is one God in different forms and that Hindus referred to him as Shiva
I was astonished that someone else thought similarly to me and I didn't feel as weird about being interested in other religions, so I embraced as many as I could and learned as much as I could remember.
(side note: one of my hobbies is exploring different cultures)
In recent years, I've acquired some tattoos that literally make people balk if they see them: I have some Arabic on my ankle, an Ohm on a lotus by my clavicle, I have a regular cross on my wrist and I plan on doing some Kanji of some Buddhist teachings at some point.
(not a religion but I have the Chinese astrology symbol for rabbit also :D)
My beliefs as they were are universal: I believe that there is one God who appeared differently to different people so as not to frighten them; people are scared of what they don't know and they get angry fairly quickly afterwards so why not appear as someone who they could relate to physically?
I know, I know blasphemous...
But am I really? Is anyone who thinks like that a heathen?
It would be great, I think, if people stopped putting words into God's mouth and simply observed his actions; then maybe life would be a little smoother, for everyone...
I don't partake in any religion because I find organized religion to be a scary thing. But! I try not to judge people based on what they believe in. If it brings you comfort and peace of mind at the end of the day, then I think that's great. (Just don't go using it as a means to be rude and judgmental to others) I've researched a good couple of religions and I can say that there are some that I really admire :) The world is huge. Best to soak up all the interesting things, people & cultures it has to offer Lol
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, soak up everything that is interesting lol thank you for reading <3
DeleteIt's good that you're open about this.
ReplyDeleteI was hesitant but I decided to just get it out there! Thank you for reading :)
Delete