I watched a guy with hand warmers on the other day and wondered why he didn't wait until he got into the ac to wear them :/
It only struck me afterward that my concern wasn't that he was wearing hand warmers in a country that hasn't seen snow since the world was covered in ice, it was because I felt hot and thought his hands must be warm af in that woolen accessory;
There's a girl I see sometimes who wears black, sometimes weird socks or leg warmers, hand warms too...this time he little skirt had chains- that made me smile.
There was a time I wouldn't go to the supermarket without chains, skull jewelry and some form of rock blasting in my ears (and the surrounding thanks to my shitty headphones lol); I graduated to my spiked collar and goth makeup around form five: I had found my calling!
I enjoyed and still enjoy the comfort of wearing spikes, chains and skulls/dragons, but I haven't done that since my last rock show, ages ago...
Have a 'grown up' and grown out of my goth 'phase'?
I honestly don't know..
Seeing these younglings with their little touches of temperate climate/culture makes me wonder: have I just been playing a role-the role of amped up outsider, goth chick-or was that...is that me?
Or was that me?
Do you have a teenage-into-young-adult part of you, whether it's clothes you used to wear, people you idolized or limed (hungout) with, animals you collected:
Is there something you used to do/believe in religiously that you have either stopped completely, barely make time for or even forgotten about?
I have a couple of leg warmers I'd love to put to use sometime...I just don't know if my reasons are the same as they were ten years ago...
Teenage me....did not give a fuck. That is what I miss the most about her. I was happy wearing plaid skirts with studs all over them and listening to whatever music I wanted to. Not going to class just because the day was nice. Now I feel like I'm at this stage where I'm supposed to be "putting my life together" and there's no room for me to march to the beat of my own drum. For me, I may have grown out of the clothes and stuff but the mindset I think is still there. It's just being torn in two directions now because of "where I am in life".
ReplyDeleteYeah, it is...whenever I remember how old I am, I keep thinking 'I'm supposed to be doing something great like curing cancer, not watching tv and posting long winded, emo crap on blogs' lol smh, thank you for reading <3
Delete