Nice title right?? :D
So, years ago (about 6-7) I was at my peak in Martial Arts..
....yeah, hard to believe, uh?
I studied traditional Martial Arts (a way of life) as opposed to sport MA (a way of medals and trophies)
And I loved it.
At a point I could have spoken Japanese better than any Anime freak, through people thrice my size and do forms as gracefully as any seasoned dancer can Tango;
That was a long time ago (and many pounds less too :/)
Now it's all (mostly) fond memories of a time and place in my life that I cannot (well, I maybe could) revisit because with age has come so many more complications that the rigours of traditional Martial Arts...is too much...
***Note:
I studied traditional Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Okinawan Kobudo at H.S.M.A
So
Last night I took a walk on the wild side...
I joined a MA class.
Not nearly as I had expected (even though I tried not to overestimate) but it was an experience..
Just watching the guy sweep out the dojo brought back fond memories of the half-assed job we sometimes did, the dirty feet and gis as a result and the punishment that followed lol but mostly...
It brought my teacher to mind and I felt like crying my eyes out at the loss (he died 6 years ago) and took my ability to train with him..
Sigh
This new class is like a new start, even though in a totally different field (sport MA as far as I know :/) and I will see it through to whatever end is lined up for it.
Is there something from your past that you gave up on, only to rekindle in an altered form?
If you haven't started, start now, and stop wasting time; I wasted many years silently mourning, now I'm going to mourn out loud (welllll, as loud as I can x_x) with a resounding
KI-AI!!
For my lost teacher, training...and self (ki/chi)
This would not have been the path he chose for or wanted for me, but it is the path that has presented itself; the one I believe will take me to the one meant for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment